Warts are skin formations of viral etiology. They are not only a cosmetic defect, but also a way for the virus to multiply, so they must be removed. Among folk remedies, celandine against warts proved to be the best. Its action is based on toxic substances containing the composition. The plant is very effective in treatment, but it has a number of contraindications. In order for the removal of pathological formations to be safe, it is important to follow the instructions for use.
Celandine as a remedy for warts
Celandine belongs to the poppy family and reaches up to a meter in height. This medicinal plant is capable of treating many diseases. Celandine is also popularly called a "wart".
Experts believe that the appearance of warts is caused by the presence in the body of HPV - human papilloma virus. It is transmitted through contact and sexual contact.
If a person has good immunity, the virus bypasses it. But in a weakened organism, it multiplies rapidly, as a result of which papillomas and warts appear on the skin (mainly on the face, arms, lower limbs and neck).
Lesions may not be removed, but this is fraught with their enlargement and spread throughout the body.
There are several ways to remove warts:
- chemical method; celandine;
- liquid nitrogen.
Celandine is considered a plant with medicinal properties and has long been popular in folk medicine. Despite the fact that it is toxic, it copes well with many skin diseases and acts on cancer cells.
The various parts of the plant contain:
- ascorbic acid and carotene;
- organic acids such as citric, succinic, malic;
- bitterness, resins, essential oils and saponins;
- tannins; phytoncides;
- toxic alkaloids (allocryptopine, chelidonine, coptisin, sanguinarine, protopine).
An important component is chelidonine and its derivatives: methoxyhelidonine, oxyhelidonine and homohelidonine. This alkaloid is close to morphine. In small doses, it can have an analgesic effect, when taken in significant quantities, it causes paralysis of the nervous system and convulsions. Most alkaloids are found in the rhizome, but the leaves are also poisonous.
Due to its unique composition, the plant has healing effects on the body:
- reduces tumor growth;
- kills bacteria, viruses and fungi;
- has a wound healing effect;
- relieves cramps;
- helps discharge sputum:
- helps remove excess fluid and bile from the body.
Advantages and disadvantages of using celandine
Pros wart removal with celandine:
- Unlike medical methods and medicines, the use of fresh juice of a medicinal plant is a painless way to remove warts: the person does not feel burning or other unpleasant feelings.
- Celandine is a natural source of healing components that kill all skin growths.
- Fresh herbal juice during the flowering period is a quality and method of treatment. Celandines can be found on all garden plots, at the edge of the forest, in meadows and in the mountains.
- The plant should be collected and applied during flowering: May-June, otherwise it will not be useful.
- Celandine-based pharmacy products are not as potent as natural fresh products.
- Using a pharmacy product can be painful.
- The treatment takes a long time.
- The disease does not always go unnoticed: scars and wounds can remain on the body.
- Allergies can develop.
Folk remedies at home
- Sok.To get it, you need to get the celandine along with the root, rinse and leave to dry. There should be no moisture. Then go through a meat grinder twice, squeeze the resulting mass with a thick material, put the liquid in a dark glass bottle (this is important) and tighten with a stopper. After a week the juice will start to ferment. From this point on, it is necessary to drain the gas from the bottle daily. This process should be done until the fermentation process stops (takes about a week). Then the tool can be used. It is recommended to keep the bottle in the refrigerator.
- Extract.To prepare, add alcohol or vodka at the rate of 100 ml of juice per 50 ml of vodka or 1 liter of juice per 0, 5 liters of vodka. The drug prepared according to this recipe can be used to treat warts throughout the year.
- Celandine infusion- used to relieve pain that may occur during therapy. For cooking you need to pour 1 teaspoon of dried herbs with 200 ml of boiling water. The infusion lasts one hour. Apply 3 times a day per teaspoon.
Precautions to keep in mind during treatment:
- Wear gloves during preparation to avoid burns.
- If a large number of warts appear on your body, you should not treat them at the same time. For one three-week course, lubricate 5-6 pieces.
- First of all, you need to test the effect of the juice or extract on the bend of the elbow to check the allergic reaction of the body. If there is no itching, burning, rash, swelling, redness on the skin, then you can start a course of therapy.
Since the cause of the formation is a viral infection, it is necessary to solve the problem comprehensively.
Swallowing antiviral decoctions and infusions, along with external influences, will make celandine treatment more successful.
For this recipe you can collect herbs yourself or buy ready-made herbs at the pharmacy.
- dandelion root - 1 tbsp. l. ; plantain
- - 1 tbsp. l. ;
- celandine - 1 tbsp. l. ;
- horsetail - 2 tbsp. l. ;
- nettle leaves - 2 tbsp. l.
2 st. l. the resulting collection of the mixture is poured with 3 glasses of water. The soup is boiled, after which it is removed from the heat. It is given time to cool and pour. After that, the liquid must be filtered and taken in a third of a glass 3 times a day. Store in the refrigerator for a maximum of 2 days.
Alcoholic tincture is no less useful than decoctions. In some cases, its action is even more effective, because during the preparation process the plants do not undergo heat treatment.
For cooking 2 tbsp. l. broken dry celandine is taken 0, 5 liters of alcohol. It can be replaced with vodka or moonlight. It is necessary to insist on the drug for 2 weeks, shaking it occasionally. Then strain and take orally. The course of treatment is 1 month. Single dose - 15 drops.
The drug is used in this form due to the fact that warts can appear not only on the skin, but also inside the body, on the mucosa.
Two effective solutions are used:
- Take 2 ml of juice per 100 ml of boiling water. The course of treatment is 14 days, followed by a month of rest. Then the therapy is repeated in higher doses.
- U 1. ulicil. dry leaves take 200 ml of boiling water. Insist 2 hours, filter before use.
The healing effect will be much stronger if you first make an enema for cleansing in proportions of 1 tbsp. l. lemon juice in 2 liters of warm water.
Celandine warts are treated by several methods. Most powerful and easiest to use:
- Freshly squeezed juice.If the plant can be obtained in May and June, it is best to get the juice from the stem cut, at the very root. It is necessary to drip the healing liquid on the nipple 4 times a day until it is completely removed (treatment lasts about 3 weeks). Education should go black during this process.
- Glycerin juice.To get such a cream, you need to mix freshly squeezed celandine juice with glycerin. The mass is easy to apply and long storage. It can be made during the flowering period and applied at any time of the year. In addition to warts, this drug can cure acne, eczema, dermatitis.
Papillomas can occur in the most unexpected places, not excluding the intimate zone. Celandine is an effective drug for the removal of pathological neoplasms. Homemade cream works best. It needs to be applied correctly. After application, it is necessary to apply regular moisturizer around the growth. After a few weeks the papillomas in the intimate places will disappear.
Celandine medicines can be used internally and externally, but in any case it is important to avoid overdose, because the plant is considered poisonous. Before using any celandine medicine, you should consult a doctor.
In case of overdose, consequences such as constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, insomnia, anxiety for no reason, hypotension may occur.
If the treatment was external, then an allergic reaction, burning sensation, edema, burns may occur (if the celandine moxibustion was performed incorrectly).
Contraindications for use
Celandine is contraindicated in humans under the following conditions:
- plant intolerance;
- lactation period;
- children up to 3 years (outside) and up to 12 years (inside);
- mental disorders;
- angina pectoris;
- chronic constipation;
- severe liver and stomach diseases; dysbiosis;