Human papilloma virus (HPV) manifests in the body with various ailments, depending on the type and location. It can be in a latent state for a long time, without causing the disease, and then, for no apparent reason, they appear in the form of various growths on the skin or mucous membranes.
Penile papillomas: causes
Papillomas, condyloma, or warts can be harmless, but their danger lies in the fact that altered epithelial cells can degenerate into cancer cells. Therefore, if papillomas have appeared on the penis, consult a doctor immediately for a diagnosis of the disease and timely treatment.
What is it
HPV is a large group of intracellular pathogenic microorganisms that contain DNA, and which are divided into twenty-seven species, five families and more than a hundred strains.
They also differ in the degree of risk of malignancy (oncogenic properties). According to statistics, these viruses affect more than ninety percent of adults. Papilloma viruses exist and develop only in the human body. They are more often transmitted through sex than other viruses. HPVs do not have a shell, but they show exceptional vitality and can exist in the external environment for some time. Pathogenic microorganisms are localized in the basal layer of the skin or mucous membranes.
Penile papillomas are often caused by a group of viruses that can quickly cause a malignant process. In this regard, they are often called a precancerous condition or the first step towards the development of oncology. In this case, doctors may prescribe Helixor to the patient.
Genital papilloma is a small neoplasm. The growths are similar in appearance to cauliflowers, mushrooms or roosters. In the photo you can see what the pathological growths of the epithelium look like. They can most often be seen on the foreskin, frenulum and glans penis, less often on the axis of the penis or scrotum.
- On the cuticle you can see genital warts, which are light in color and have a thin stem. At first there are individual elements, but as the disease progresses, they grow and become similar to cauliflower.
- If papillomas on the penis appear in the area of the frenum, then they can be seen as small white pimples, located in several rows.
- Pale pink protruding villas can be seen on the head of the penis. They represent multiple growths, as well as on the cuticle.
- The type of disease caused by HPV on the genital trunk, scrotum or groin is the giant Buschke-Levinstein condyle. It is classified as a precancerous condition because the altered cells grow rapidly.
Reasons to look
Viral agents that cause papillomas on the penis penetrate the epithelium through microcracks in the skin or mucous membranes. The main route is sexual contact of any form. You can also become infected with the papilloma virus in the household if you use personal hygiene items, such as the towels of a person infected with HPV. The risk of contracting the virus is high in public places such as baths, swimming pools, showers. The cause of the disease is not detected immediately.
The latency period can last from several months to a year. Moreover, if a man is healthy and has a high level of immune defense, the disease may not occur and the person simply becomes a carrier of the virus. The impetus for the reproduction of the papilloma virus and the appearance of papillomas on the penis is a decrease in immunity.
So, there are two reasons for the formation of growths on the genital organ:
- papilloma virus infection;
- Activation of HPV, due to weakened immunity.
- frequent change of sexual partners;
- lack of contraception during sexual intercourse;
- chronic diseases in the genitourinary sphere;
- hormonal disorders;
- AIDS or HIV infection;
- frequent hypothermia;
- viral infections, persistent colds;
- long-term intoxication of the body (premantibiotics, alcohol consumption, smoking, etc. );
- stress, unhealthy diet and similar factors that negatively affect the immune system.
Papillomas on the glans penis: symptoms and diagnosis
HPV masses on the penis are usually not symptomatic. Men often do not even notice the activity of the papilloma virus. Papillomas on the head of the penis can be detected, which is manifested by itching or burning during intercourse.
If the pathological formations have grown and become noticeable, then this can cause discomfort in the man due to the unaesthetic appearance of the penis. Papillomas localized on the head of the penis can cause phimosis which is accompanied by corresponding symptoms. In the case of oncogenic formations, when the growths reach large sizes, men may complain of pain in the affected area and a foul odor.
If a man sees suspicious formations on his penis, you should dismiss the false shame and seek medical help. Diagnostic measures to identify papillomas on the head of the penis are performed by a urologist. Carefully collects the anamnesis - examines and examines the patient.
In addition to the penis, the doctor examines the scrotum, groin and anal area, or those places where the virus can be localized. If a urologist detects papillomas on the head of a man's penis, then he puts him to tests to determine the type of virus. If the frenulum is affected, a meatoscopy may be needed to identify the focus of the HPV lesion in the urethra.
Men take a swab from the urethra for a cytological examination that determines the type of viral agent. The presence and type of virus can be detected with a probability of up to ninety-five percent by the polymerase chain reaction method. Any fluid - blood or urethral contents - is suitable as a test medium.
Condyloma on the penis: danger of pathology
Once the disease is diagnosed, the doctor will prescribe the appropriate treatment. Do not engage in self-medication, as this may not be effective and dangerous. If the disease is not treated, then unaesthetic warts on the penis can cause more serious problems.
Why are papillomas on the penis dangerous?
- In the first stage of papilloma development, phimosis can occur, which is characterized by the fusion of the foreskin with the head of the penis. If this condition is not treated, the following complication occurs caused by the accumulation of smegma in the space between the head and the foreskin.
- Inflammation of the head and body of the penis due to the entry of pathogenic bacteria under the inner leaves of the foreskin.
- Occurrence of erosive defects on the head and foreskin, degeneration of altered epithelial cells into carcinogens.
Why they are dangerous for a woman
A man who has papillomas on the genitals, first of all, becomes a source of infection for women. If the papilloma virus has entered a woman’s genitals, then, as a rule, it is very difficult to notice its activity in the initial stage of the disease. Oncogenic types of viruses are especially dangerous because they cause cervical cancer. If a woman does not undergo a preventive examination, oncology is detected in the late stages of cancer development.
How to be reborn into cancer
At the beginning of papilloma development, individual benign neoplasms are noticeable. They then enlarge and combine with each other, creating a single conglomerate. If the disease is not treated, over time the altered cells can degenerate into malignant. The risk of degeneration of cancer education increases tenfold if the type of virus is an oncogene.
Therefore, it is very important to be diagnosed in a medical facility. The most common HPV oncogenes that cause genital warts are type sixteen or eighteen. They cause cancer of the penis, cervix and bladder.
How to get rid of penile papilloma: treatment and prevention
Since the appearance of pathological growths on the genitals is preceded by a decrease in immunity, treatment should be complex. The growths are removed by surgery or cauterization. Drugs that contain a component that blocks the development and reproduction of viral agents, for example, Viferon, Acyclovir, Epigen-intim, and similar drugs, help fight the virus.
In addition to antiviral drug therapy, the doctor prescribes immunomodulators, vitamin complexes and gives recommendations on a healthy diet and lifestyle. It is important to identify all the factors that led to the activation of the virus and eliminate them. Therefore, before you decide how to get rid of a papilloma on your penis, you should undergo a thorough examination of your health.
Growths on the genitals do not go away on their own, so radical treatment is needed to get rid of them. There are several methods to remove nasty growths.
- Laser removal. Papillomas melt with a laser beam, and in their place remains the bark, which naturally disappears after two weeks.
- Cryodestruction. Neoplasms are cauterized with liquid nitrogen. Also, as in the first case, there is a crust that disappears without a trace after a while.
- Radiosurgery. Papillomas are affected by radio waves. The method is considered the most accurate, safest and does not cause complications.
- Electrocoagulation. Growth is eliminated by an electric current applied at a certain frequency. This method of removal can cause complications in the form of scars on the tissues.
- Chemical disposal. The method consists in cauterization of papillomas with medical solutions: Condolin or Solkoderm. Medications are administered by healthcare professionals. After a course of treatment, the neoplasms dry up and disappear.
- Fat Treatment. If the growths are smaller, you can use ointment. Oxolinic ointment or Aldara medication will help deal with the papilloma virus.
How to get rid of a papilloma on the penis, by cryodestruction or with the help of medication, is decided by the doctor, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient. Tumor removal procedures do not require anesthesia and give a positive result in ninety-five percent of cases. Sometimes relapses occur in the same place.
The answer to the question of how to get rid of papillomas on the penis can be found in the recipes of traditional medicine. It should be borne in mind that the use of such methods must necessarily be agreed with the attending physician. Otherwise, treatment may be in vain, time will be lost, and this will lead to complications.
Popular folk recipes:
- Tea tree oil, which is rubbed into the affected area daily, will help resolve the buildup, until the wart disappears;
- good results in treatment can be achieved if propolis is applied to the papilloma;
- the simplest way is to smear neoplasms with egg white;
- vinegar will help you get rid of papillomas, which should be carefully cauterized against growths once a day;
- small formations can be got rid of with the help of berry juice (lubricate);
- Be careful when applying ammonia lotion as it can burn thin skin.
These recipes will help you get rid of new growths that have not had time to grow. If the papilloma has already formed and protrudes strongly above the skin, it must be removed by radical methods.
The safest way to rule out an unpleasant and dangerous disease is protected sex and good personal hygiene. If these conditions are violated, preventive measures should be aimed at maintaining a sufficient level of immunity so that the virus does not show activity in the body.
You can positively affect immunity if you treat chronic diseases on time, eat properly, play sports, harden and treat infectious diseases. It is important to abandon bad habits that lead to intoxication of the body. To prevent papillomas from leading to complications, men must visit a urologist regularly to identify the initial signs of the disease.