Papillomas occur on human skin due to the penetration of the human papilloma virus into the body. In some cases, papillomas do not cause concern, but sometimes they can cause a lot of discomfort to their wearer: in contact with the surface of the skin or clothing, they can injure, bleed, and become inflamed. In this article, we will talk about how to remove papillomas at home.
What are papillomas
Various neoplasms can appear on the skin and mucous membranes of any person: moles, papillomas, warts. Some of them disappear over time, others, on the contrary, change shape and increase. How do you know which ones are harmless and which ones pose a health threat? If you have such neoplasms, consider them carefully.
The moles are usually in different shades of brown. They appear due to the "overflow" of skin cells with pigment. Soft, pink or fleshy skin lesions are papillomas. Condyloma is a limited papillary growth on the skin and mucous membranes, which is inflammatory. They can be wide and pointed.
Papillomas and condyloma are caused by different forms of human papilloma virus (HPV), which leads to a change in the nature of tissue growth. The virus is most commonly transmitted sexually. If a woman is a carrier of the virus, it can be transmitted to a newborn during childbirth. It is also possible to become infected "at home".
Papillomas and condylomas most often occur at the sites of skin irritation and friction, skin contact with tissue, armpits, genital mucosa, around the anus. Papillomas may not be removed, but doctors still strongly recommend that you get rid of them. But warts are subject to mandatory removal.
Types of papillomas
How to distinguish papillomas from similar skin neoplasms? It should be noted that papillomas are single and multiple, flat and convex, but most often in the shape of a "mushroom", on the leg. And this is not a complete list. Which papilloma develops depends on the type of pathogen, and there are dozens of major ones.
- Simple papillomas- hard, conical growths with a rough keratinized surface, 1 mm or more in diameter. They often turn out to be multiple, occupying a large area on the body, merging with each other. The cause of this type of disease is HPV-2. They can appear anywhere, but they are most often found on the back of the fingers and palms, and in children on the knees. An individual neoplasm may not change for months or even years, but it can also become malignant. The process of spreading papillary polyps stimulates the state of immunodeficiency.
- Flat papillomas- smooth, flattened protrusions similar to skin color, but not matte, but shiny. Their shape is round or polygonal. It is manifested by itching, redness, inflammation and pain of the affected area. The cause of this disease is HPV-3 and HPV-10.
- Plantar papillomasIt is a particularly uncomfortable and restless variety. affects only the feet. They are caused by several forms of the virus - HPV-1 (deep lesions), HPV-2 (mosaic warts) and HPV-4 (smaller lesions). The initial stage is characterized by the appearance of a small shiny nodule, over time it takes on the characteristics of a typical papilloma with a protruding edge. Often, daughter mosaic papillomas appear at the site of single growth formation, resembling bubbles on the outside. They are often confused with blisters, but unlike these, which have a smooth skin-like surface, formations of viral origin peel, crack, squeeze.
- Filiform papillomas- develop more often in people older than 50 years. They develop from small, slightly yellowish nodules. Then they grow and turn into elongated dense formations up to 6 mm in size. Neoplasms of this type do not disappear on their own.
- Genital warts- a consequence of HPV-6 and HPV-11 infection, localized in the genital area and transmitted exclusively by sexual contact. They can be both straight and pointed.
Why it is necessary to remove papillomas
Before you wonder how to remove a papilloma, it is important to understand why this procedure is necessary. The virus itself cannot be completely cured, it can only be suppressed. At the same time, the consequences of the human papilloma virus require radical elimination, such as removal. Pharmacological agents are also used for this, but most often surgical techniques and treatment of papillomas with special substances, such as nitrogen.
There are two global reasons why papillomas need to be removed:
- ignoring the problem is overwhelmed by the growth of the disease focus - whether it is a single papilloma or the focus of several, if left unattended, the papillomas will multiply over time;
- the presence of papillomas is accompanied by discomfort - first, it is aesthetically inconspicuous, and second, it is uncomfortable tactile; papilloma removal today is affordable and effective to forget about this problem;
- papillomas are easy to injure, and this is embarrassing and dangerous - a flat papilloma can also be injured by simply scratching a certain area of skin, but if the papilloma is convex or on the leg, the injury is even more likely; since the papilloma contains a virus, its damage or infection does not go smoothly and there is a risk of ending up even with malignancy;
- benign papillomas can eventually turn into malignant skin tumors - first, there are several oncogenic types among HPV, and second, any damage (as mentioned earlier) increases this likelihood.
The origin and nature of the infection
Papilloma or PVI (human papilloma virus infection) refers to a viral infectious disease. It is characterized by the appearance and development of protrusions on the skin and mucous membranes, similar to warts on the "leg", sometimes they can be on a wide base. The surface of the neoplasm is uneven, somewhat similar to a miniature head of cauliflower.
The color of the papilloma is different: from white to dark brown, and it can appear everywhere: on the face (around the eyes, eyelids), under the arms, on the neck, in the décolleté, under the breasts in women. Often the papilloma virus manifests itself on the mucous membranes of the mouth, pharynx, paranasal sinuses, and even on the vocal cords. There are cases when PVI is located in the gastric mucosa, in the bladder, but it is most often deposited on the genitals.
No matter how much you believe that 80% -90% of the world's population is infected with the human papilloma virus, its appearance cannot be ignored and no measures can be taken. Usually, the immune system first fights this virus and successfully overcomes it, not allowing it to cover the whole body. But at the moment, few can boast of a healthy and strong immune system, so PVI attacks are becoming more aggressive.
It is generally accepted that the papilloma virus accumulates in the human body, and under favorable conditions (reduction of defenses, stress, etc. ) begins to progress.
How does a human papilloma virus infection occur?
Usually during intercourse without a condom, sometimes at home. The virus can live in the human body for many years without any symptoms. Exacerbation is usually seen with a decrease in immunity or protective functions of the nervous system. Smoking, alcohol consumption, pregnancy and hormonal changes can also cause papillomas.
How dangerous papillomas are
Unfortunately, some forms of papilloma virus can cause cancer to develop. In 5% of cases, genital warts actually degenerate into a malignant formation. But even if papillomas are benign, women most often feel uncomfortable about it, considering them aesthetically unattractive.
Over time, the formations on the genitals can increase in size and even close the entrance to the vagina. This leads to terrible discomfort.
How to treat papillomas at home
Due to the prevalence and urgency of the problem, many patients wonder how to remove papillomas at home, without risk to health. This issue requires a rational and responsible approach, because many drugs and folk remedies have many contraindications and do not always show one hundred percent effectiveness.
If you do decide to treat papilloma at home, it is advisable to first consult a doctor who will not only make a final diagnosis, excluding the possibility of confusing the skin defect with another disease, but will also recommend the best home correction technique. .
There are two main directions of recommendations for papilloma removal at home:
- Correction of medical neoplasms by pharmaceutical products;
- Treatment of papilloma virus with folk remedies.
We will try to analyze the main aspects of both methods, as well as determine the best hardware method for treating papillomas and warts.
Get rid of papillomas at home with the help of medication
The modern pharmaceutical industry offers patients a mass of formulations that show a certain effectiveness in terms of self-rejection of papillomas and warts.
The most popular are substances that are called cryopharmaceuticals in medicine, and which enable fast freezing of the skin defect, which leads to its painless separation from the epidermal tissue. The use of such formulations to remove papillomas at home should be done with great caution, without affecting healthy tissues and skin structures.
As a suitable form of medicine for the destruction of epidermal neoplasms, special patches (adhesive tapes) are produced which are impregnated with certain compounds. Such "stickers" are applied to the nipple or papilla and are removed after three hours together with the growth of the skin. Ointments and gels can also have a certain effect, but the probability of finally getting rid of papillomas at home with the help of pharmaceutical products is not more than 50%.
Internal folk remedies to combat papillomas
The main task when any dermatological problems appear is to cleanse the body of toxins, restore normal liver function and strengthen immunity. This principle is applicable in both traditional and official medicine. Also, great attention should be paid to the proper functioning of the intestines and the release of toxins.
At home, burdock seed powder can be used for this purpose, which has a beneficial effect on liver cells, restoring them and the work of the gastrointestinal tract as a whole. It is recommended to take such powder without cooking, but with water. Take a teaspoon three times a day, not combining intake with food.
A natural detoxifier with a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect is a collection of nettle, horsetail, lemon balm, plantain leaves and dandelion root from medicinal herbs. After mixing all the components in equal parts, the infusion is prepared by boiling three tablespoons of the collection per liter of water. Also take three tablespoons before meals. The course of admission is 7-10 days.
Infusions of echinacea and rose hips will help support the immune system and help it cope with the problem faster.
Treatment of papilloma folk remedies
Traditional medicine offers a lot of recipes that have been tested and have a certain antiviral and destructive effect. When choosing a folk remedy for papillomas, pay attention to the following compositions:
- Potato juice.By eating 100-200 grams of fresh potato juice every morning, the patient strengthens the immune system and improves overall health, which will help not only get rid of already formed papillomas, but also prevent the appearance of new growths.
- Celandine from papilloma.The tool is based on the chemical destruction of neoplasms by acid, which is rich in celandine juice. For the procedure, in addition to the juice, you can use the leaves or infusion of this plant, bought at the pharmacy. The manipulation involves the point of application of the celandine product to the epidermal defect, every two days, leading to rejection of the neoplasm. During the treatment of papilloma with celandine, it is necessary to take precautions so that the agent is not applied to healthy tissues.
- Treatment of papillomas with iodine.About 3 grams of iodine is mixed with an equal amount of aspirin and boric acid and diluted with alcohol. Regular application of such a composition on the papilloma will lead to its elimination. Folk remedies for warts and papillomas based on iodine can not be used in the eyelids, as well as on the mucous membranes.
- Treatment of papilloma with garlic.The technique involves daily application of a cut clove of garlic to the site of epidermal growth. Regular manipulations of this type promise to save the patient from papillomas of any localization, especially in the arm area.
- Treatment of papilloma with wormwood.Treatment of papilloma folk remedies based on wormwood is aimed at strengthening the general condition of the body, and especially immunity. A decoction of wormwood, tricolor violet and dill seeds is a wonderful general tonic and immunostimulating agent.
Before choosing a folk recipe for yourself, it should be understood that it is impossible to carry out a complete and final treatment of human papilloma virus with folk remedies and all the above compositions may not be effective in relation to a particular patient.
Modern medicine offers a universal, safe and painless way to remove papillomas, which is based on laser exposure. Laser therapy has a wide application both in our country and in European clinics, allowing you to remove papillomas once and for all, without leaving scars and scars on the skin.
How to remove papillomas from the genitals
The most important thing is to know and remember: papillomas cannot be removed on their own. Under no circumstances! Forget about traditional methods - they increase the risk of malignant transformation. If you suffer from genital warts, consult your doctor. Moreover, today there are several methods to remove it.
First, there are drugs for external use that slowly destroy papilloma cells.
Second, antiviral injections are sometimes used to inject into the formation.
Third, papilloma removal is performed by both surgical excision and more modern methods - for example, the radio wave method.
Remember that papillomas can be removed from the genitals only after the diagnosis - the doctor must be sure that the genital warts are not malignant in nature, and their removal will not cause many health problems.
- Due to the fact that a papilloma from a benign formation can turn into a malignant one, it needs to be resolved as soon as possible. However, keep in mind that removing it does not guarantee that you will completely get rid of the infection. It can live in your body for several years, and you may be faced with the rediscovery of this unpleasant neoplasm on your body or mucous membranes.
- Do not self-medicate in any way. Do not use a rope to remove the papilloma by tearing or cutting it yourself. The most you can do is lubricate it with celandine juice.
- If you find a papilloma in yourself, consult a specialist - a dermatologist. He is able to approach this problem from a professional point of view. Depending on where the papilloma came from, your doctor will instruct you to remove it.
- Such an operation is performed under local anesthesia. This does not require hospitalization. This procedure is now performed in many cosmetic facilities; its time as a rule does not exceed 30 minutes. The place where the papilloma was healed quickly, after 2 weeks there will be no trace of it.
- The most common ways to remove papillomas are freezing and laser treatment. Moreover, laser therapy has the shortest recovery period. But it is better not to use chemicals - because you risk getting serious burns, which can form scars. If you want to get rid of papillomas by burning nitrogen, be prepared for the fact that you will need a large number of sessions to achieve the desired effect.
- To avoid the appearance of papillomas on your body, do not neglect simple but effective measures to prevent this virus. Try taking immunomodulators and multivitamins. Maintain good hygiene and lead a discriminatory sex life.
As already mentioned, in most cases the virus is sexually transmitted, so avoid casual relationships, use protective methods of contraception. Strictly follow the rules of personal hygiene, because "contamination in the household" is also possible. A healthy lifestyle and strong immunity will allow you to avoid the appearance of papillomas and genital warts. In addition, you should undergo regular examinations and tests - the human papilloma virus can stay in the body for a long time without showing up.